The White Paper on Healthier SG was submitted to Parliament on 21 September 2022, debated in Parliament and passed on 5 October 2022.
The key features of Healthier SG are shaped by consultations the Ministry of Health (MOH) conducted with over 6,000 residents and stakeholders, such as private General Practitioners (GP) employers and community partners.
Key Features of Healthier SG
1. Mobilise our network of family doctors to deliver preventive care for residents.
2. Develop health plans that include lifestyle adjustments, regular health screening and appropriate vaccinations.
3. Activate community partners to support residents in leading healthier lifestyles.
4. Launch a national enrolment programme for residents to commit to seeing one family doctor and adopt a health plan.
5. Set up necessary key enablers such as IT, manpower development plan and financing policy to make Healthier SG work.